Wednesday, September 23, 2020

 It has been well over 9 years since I've used this post.  Since that time I've finished the book about the 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ and I've written a third book.  It's a thriller about a plot by Russian spies during the cold war to infiltrate the Nevada Test Site.  Taking place in 1984 it tracks the theft of a nuclear device from the test site and its eventual recovery before it can be used to detonate and destroy the Hoover Dam.  And, I've since that time added more ship models to my portfolio of model work.  I'm showing them here with photos.  They include a model of John Paul Jones' sloop the Providence; a model of the G-force racing boat crewed by my nephew Gordon Workman; the Mayflower III I built for Mike Koeneman , the Bonne Homme Richard (John Paul Jones) and the Serapis which he captured with the Bonne Homme Richard in September 23rd 1779 off Flamborough Head, England (both in my local barber shop) and the current model in progress, the Julia Belle Swain, a working steam boat based out of Eau Claire, WI (actually exists today - being renovated for use as a party boat).









No comments: